Mountain Camp is located on 26 acres in the high sierras with a private beach on Ice House Lake. We are located west of South Lake Tahoe off of highway 50.
Check In for campers on Monday is between 11am and 1pm, Check Out for campers on Saturday is between 2pm and 4pm.
Directions from South Lake Tahoe:
- Head West towards Sacramento on Highway 50.
- After passing Strawberry Lodge on Highway 50, proceed 4 miles and turn right onto Wright’s Road.
- Follow Wright’s Road for 6 miles, then turn left – road name not posted but look out for a sign to Ice House Reservoir.
- Proceed for 6 miles and Mountain Camp is on the left, although the sign is hard to see from that direction.
- If you come to a “T” intersection you’ve gone half a block too far. Turn around and Mountain Camp will be on your right.
Directions from Sacramento:
- From Sacramento, head East on Hwy. 50 past Placerville and Pollock Pines
- 8 miles past the 2nd Pollock Pines exit (Sly Park Rd.) you will cross a bridge above the South Fork of the American River
- Immediately after you cross the bridge, turn left onto Ice House Road • Drive .7 miles and follow the sharp curve in the road to the right (do not go straight)
- From this curve, proceed 8.5 miles on Ice House Road. At this point you will see Ice House Resort on the right
- Continue on Ice House Road for 1.5 miles and turn right immediately after the sign that reads: “Ice House C.G.” and “Mountain Camp”
- Continue 1.2 miles to a four-way intersection and take the left fork towards Wright’s Lake and Mountain Camp
- After 1.7 miles take a left at the intersection marked by a sign says “Wright’s Lake – 9 miles” and “Mountain Camp”
- This sign is the corner of the Mountain Camp property, the camp entrance is on the right 100 yards after turning left at this corner
Click Here for our location on Google Maps.
Mountain Camp operates under a Special Use Permit from the U.S.D.A. Forest Service.
"Knowing that there is a safe, fun and nurturing camp I can send my son to experience the full majesty of the great outdoors while fostering his own independence and creativity makes this father so incredibly happy and grateful." - Blaine (Parent of 3rd Year Camper)