Mountain Camp is located on 26 acres in the high sierras with a private beach on Ice House Lake. We are located west of South Lake Tahoe off of highway 50.
Check In for campers on Sunday is between 2pm and 4pm, Check Out for campers on Saturday is between 9:30am – 11:30am.
Directions from South Lake Tahoe: (*** 6/14/2019 update – Wright’s Road is CLOSED due to snow, please continue on 50 West to Ice House Road**)
- Head West towards Sacramento on Highway 50
- After passing Strawberry Lodge on Highway 50, proceed 4 miles and turn right onto Wright’s Road.
- Follow Wright’s Road for 6 miles, then turn left – road name not posted but look out for a sign to Ice House Reservoir.
- Proceed for 6 miles and Mountain Camp is on the left, although the sign is hard to see from that direction.
- If you come to a “T” intersection you’ve gone half a block too far. Turn around and Mountain Camp will be on your right.
Mountain Camp operates under a Special Use Permit from the U.S.D.A. Forest Service.
"Knowing that there is a safe, fun and nurturing camp I can send my son to experience the full majesty of the great outdoors while fostering his own independence and creativity makes this father so incredibly happy and grateful." - Blaine (Parent of 3rd Year Camper)